Coconut macaroons are one of the Filipino favourites. Since the Philippines is an agricultural country, we got lots of coconut trees and I associated this as the reason why it is one of the most popular food of the people including me.
I remember when I was still in the Philippines, I used to crave for the coconut macaroons sold by one popular bakeshop in the Philippines (Goldilocks) It is a little bit pricey but if you crave for it, there’s a way on how to avail it. When I left the Philippines, whenever I go home, I still long for it. I used to bring some as treat for myself or “pasalubong” (a gift/present usually given by one arriving from a trip) for my colleagues or friends abroad who are also wanting to have it. Although there’s also a lot of stores selling for it, I am still longing for the taste that I used to have. I did not realize that it is easy to prepare and cook.
WHAT ARE COCONUT MACAROONS?
What am I cooking today is a Filipino taste of coconut macaroons. Coconut macaroons are sweet treats made of flour with sweetened condensed milk, butter, eggs, desiccated coconut. These are crusty and golden on the outside but if you taste it, it is chewy and moist.
You can try also other Filipino treats like Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe, and Leche Flan.
TIPS IN MAKING A SUCCESS COCONUT MACAROONS
Avoid over-baking it. It will dry out the coconut macaroons.
Add eggs one at a time and beat the mixture well in between.
Use the middle rack of the oven to avoid burning the top of the coconut macaroons.
For leftovers, store in an airtight container or resealable bags outside for about 2-3 days or in the freezer for a month to keep it fresh.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO:
COCONUT MACAROONS INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 pcs. eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit while preparing your mixture.
- Cream the softened butter.
- Add the sugar, then beat together.
- Add eggs. Add it one at a time and beat the mixture in-between.
- Add the can condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat the mixture until well blended.
- Combine all-purpose flour and 2 cups desiccated coconut. Whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to the egg mixture then stir and blend them well.
- Put your macaroons paper liner in the baking tray.
- Scoop the mixture and fill each cup at least 3/4 full.
- Bake coconut macaroons in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
- Cool in the rack for at least 5 minutes.
- Share and enjoy your coconut macaroons best with your family.